Wednesday, September 11, 2013

SENSES

Photographing the senses has been the hardest part of August Break. How am I supposed to capture "hear" and "smell"? But here we are; I recently bought a Kvelertak record which represents the hearing part. 

I have never really been a fan of the band, but when I heard their recent hit, also called Kvelertak, I was hooked. Suddenly I found myself listening to their live-performances (via the Internet) and now it just keeps getting better, track by track.


The smell of the ocean, how cliché is that? The thing is, I love that smell. It reminds me of home. I grew up in Haugesund which is a small town on the west-coast of Norway. Whenever I go to Bryggen, where this particular smell is quite strong, I start to think about home. You know how smells can take you back sometimes, and the smell of the ocean does that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment